Choose Your Fill
- It's the traditional fill and has been used for thousands of years.
- Cotton feels softer than buckwheat and is quiet to sit on.
- Though the cotton filled cushions can flatten with use, they can be revived by squeezing and fluffing up the cushion. This will also restore lift.
- The level of cotton cannot easily be adjusted. Re-stuffing a cotton cushion really requires professional equipment - using a yard stick or long wooden dowel will result in uneven areas and lumps.
- Cotton is light weight compared to Buckwheat Hulls.
- Buckwheat Hull filled cushions are adjustable. They each have a zippered opening, allowing you to remove and re-add buckwheat hulls to adjust the height and comfort of the cushion.
- Buckwheat hulls conform to the shape of the body and provide a grounded feel.
- The Buckwheat Hulls make a bit of a scrunching sound when you move around on them.
- Buckwheat Hull cushions weigh about twice as much as cotton cushions.
- The hulls break down after a while, but are easy to replace or add to through the zippered opening, providing longevity of use.